Monday, August 29, 2011

Ice Cream Container Turned Super Fun Car Caddy!!

So, it's no secret that I have not been a fan of picking up big B at school. It's mad hot in Texas and with two little ones my only real option is geting there early and waiting in line. To me, having a half hour in a parked car with my Oprah magazine and a diet coke seems like a little bit of heaven but I have had to get a little more creative with the two younger B's. Baby B was easy - a portable DVD player and an Elmo video - done! Middle B, not so much. As I have mentioned I am on an all out mission saving for a minivan so I had to make due with what I had and get creative.

Enter the car caddy. Made from a 1 pint ice cream container.


After I cleaned out the contaner I got some trusty chalkboard paint. This blue color was a custom color I did using the Chalkboard Paint from this tutorial here. Any paint will do - even the spray chalkboard paint that you get at Walmart.

Next, get your paint on!


When finished with the fun chalkboard top I filled middle B's caddy with tons of cool stuff to keep him busy.

Everyday I have him help me fill it.





Last Friday he even asked me when we were going to pick up big B from school:)


Happy Monday!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment